Sunday, March 19, 2017

Windows 10 Installation and Setup and So on

I was surprised by how easily Windows was installed - last time I installed a Windows version, it actually took more effort than installing Ubuntu. However, the aftermath of the installation would be so much easier with a package manager.

Weird problems that later occurred: Windows can't decide whether my time zone is Finland or GMT, and keeps switching. Windows doesn't reliably keep my keyboard layout to Finnish. Windows assumes Finnish keyboard layout means I am primarily a Finnish speaker. (Microsoft generally sucks at admitting that people imaginably can ever imaginably need to use more than one language in their daily lives. Fuck me for using three and learning a fourth.) Windows still sometimes crashes from screen resolution changes when games close. The internet is slower on windows than under linux, making me suspect they upload a shitload of data all the time.

7.6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment